Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is it possible to transfer a Blu ray drive from a Blu ray player into my Computer?

I have a Blu ray player that isn't being used because I'd rather play things from my PC. I was wondering if it is possible to open up my blu ray player and take the blu ray disk drive out and put into the open SATA spot I have on my motherboard.Is it possible to transfer a Blu ray drive from a Blu ray player into my Computer?
If the Blu Ray's Drive architecture is SATA and the connecting Power jack also SATA then theoretically it's possible but either of those connections is incompatible then-- No.

Keep in mind the the amount of power required for a "stand alone" player might be a different voltage. So either you won't have enough juice to run the device or it might cause a power surge and kill your motherboard.

It may also be possible to connect via USB if adapters are available for that purpose. Research it before making any physical attempts. I applaud you for thinking outside of the box.

Good Luck.Is it possible to transfer a Blu ray drive from a Blu ray player into my Computer?
Hello, dear, u just want to watch the blu-ray movie on ur computer because it is convenient , right? U may refer to a tool to help u rip the bluray or copy the bluray movie, so that it can be played on ur computer. Have a free trial. Hope it will be helpful for u~~Is it possible to transfer a Blu ray drive from a Blu ray player into my Computer?
I do not think there is compatibility at all you need to buy a blue ray player for a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment