Friday, February 10, 2012

How do I install a firmware update to my Blu-ray player?

Blu-ray player: Sharp BD-HP20



I wanted to watch a movie on it that released recently and it wouldn't play. It mentioned something about firmware updates online.



I am just curious how on earth I'm supposed to update my Blu-ray player if I download updates via the Internet?



Do I need to connect my BR-player to the Internet and my PC??? How is that done?



Thanks!How do I install a firmware update to my Blu-ray player?
The easy way is to have it connected to the internet and turned on and go in the menu to update the firmware.

The other way is like your doing or you can use a usb flash drive and download it.



I'm sure that Sharp has someone that can tell you what ext. you need on the downloadHow do I install a firmware update to my Blu-ray player?
Try copying the .RVP file to the root of your flash drive. Make sure no third party programs are installed on the flash drive. Like Sandisk's U3, etc.



For anyone else needing the latest BD-HP20 firmware go here:

http://www.sharp-idncservice.com/Desktop鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment