Friday, February 10, 2012

Why cant my Blu Ray player get a signal from my router?

I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player that is hooked up to Linksys Cisco Gaming adapter. I have this problem often where the Adapter(Living Room) will not pick up signal from my Linksys Router(Bedroom). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. So I am unable to watch Netflix. Are these two not compatible? Do I need a specific router/ adapter? Someone please help!Why cant my Blu Ray player get a signal from my router?
No if it sometimes works then what you probably need to do is get your wireless adapter up higher. If it is stuffed in the back of your player the signal is most likely being blocked. So you need to somehow get it extended.



Time to do some measurements and research:

Does it use a standard RJ45 plug ( Ethernet plug ) if so get a Ethernet coupler at RadioShack and a few extra feet of Ethernet cable and some Velcro.



If the wireless adapter uses USB, then get a USB extension cable and some Velcro.



Stick the wireless adapter up high out of the cabinet you might have it in.



Rule of thumb: Higher is always better when it comes to antennas.



Personally.... I would just run a long Ethernet cable from your router to your DVD player. But that's me. Pure signal no chance for error.
  • make up foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment