Monday, February 6, 2012

Is getting a blu-ray player for my PC to watch movies on a cheaper and viable alternative to buying an HDTV?

I can't afford 拢500 for a big hdtv, and another 拢250 for a blu-ray player (or PS3), but I've seen that blu-ray players for PCs start at 拢70, and I think I can get a decent TFT monitor for under 拢100 (at the moment I've got a CRT). Does this makes sense? Any drawbacks here?Is getting a blu-ray player for my PC to watch movies on a cheaper and viable alternative to buying an HDTV?
look online to see some interesting ideas :)



http://myownhdtv.com/Articles
PC monitors are so small, it makes little visual difference on whether you watch a movie in SD or HD. Plus, you still have not resolved the issue of watching TV in HD. In addition your TFT monitor may not have hdmi or component inputs, which means you can't connect a PS3.



So, just wait. Prices will come down.Is getting a blu-ray player for my PC to watch movies on a cheaper and viable alternative to buying an HDTV?
The biggest drawback is that the monitor will not be HD compatible and won't be able to show the HD images from the Blu-Ray discs. You will only see them in standard definition, just like an ordinary DVD.



So it would be a pretty pointless thing to do, really...Is getting a blu-ray player for my PC to watch movies on a cheaper and viable alternative to buying an HDTV?
Sorry but the computer route is not going to be an alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment