Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How come my blu ray player says that the disc is incompatible when i put in a CD-R?

I am trying to update my blu ray player's firmware. And it says to use a CD-R. But the Blu Ray player basically rejects it and I can't update the firmware. Please Help!How come my blu ray player says that the disc is incompatible when i put in a CD-R?
Your Blu-Ray player manual says to use CD-R? Or is it whatever source you're using that says to use CD-R?



If it's your player's instruction manual, then the only reason I can imagine for it to reject the CD-R is that your software is not properly closing the CD from any further recording. Recordable CD's are left "open" to add more material later, but are only readable by the device that records onto the CD. For it to be readable by other devices, it must be closed and, in doing so, it locks out any more recording as well as finalizing the on-disc info so that other devices can read it, too. (Same with recordable DVD's)How come my blu ray player says that the disc is incompatible when i put in a CD-R?
If it needs a disc it has to be Blu-ray.However you should be able to do it on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment