Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do i play blu ray rips on my xbox 360 via an external HD?

i have a ton of blu ray rips on my external hard drive (1 TB, FAT 32) and want to plug it in and stream it right from the external onto my TV via the 360. it will play all my standard def. vids but not the blu rays. im using a mac for my computer and have the files in a mix of mp4 and wmv files. help?How do i play blu ray rips on my xbox 360 via an external HD?
FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit. Ordinarily this would be a bad thing, but since the XBOX 360 won't play any video files larger than 4GB (except WMV, naturally), it's not a problem at all.



As long as the File Size is under 4GB, the XBOX will play it, provided it was ripped to H.264 specs. If it's not playing a file, check its file size and its video stream info on your Mac using Quicktime. You may need to re-encode the files.



Also note: Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard uses a different system of calculating "gigabytes" from the rest of the world. An Apple gigabyte is a little smaller than regular gigabyte.
  • clear cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment