Tuesday, January 31, 2012

If I connect my cable through a Blu Ray player, will the picture be better?

I currently have standard definition basic cable from Shaw. If I connect the cable to the blu ray player, then from the blu ray to my LCD tv, will the picture quality be better?



Just curious.



Thanks.If I connect my cable through a Blu Ray player, will the picture be better?
Short answer: No.



The reason Blu-Ray players yield such good video quality is because Blu-Ray discs are written with a large amount of data devoted to the image. The Blu-Ray player reads this data, and projects it on the screen as a high-quality image. If you run your cable through the player, nothing will happen to it, because the player doesn't 'read' it in any way. It just gets shuffled through to the TV with the same quality as before.
Definately not... just curious, how do you plan to connect the coax to the blu ray player?... I have never seen one with an input or output for coax.... standard dvd/vhs sure... but not a blu ray.... that should only have component and hdmi inputs... btw, use an hdmi cable and your standard dvd's will look GREAT!!If I connect my cable through a Blu Ray player, will the picture be better?
You can not connect your cable tv cable to the Blue Ray disc player. The disc player does not have a tv tuner. You can only connect your cable to a TV or an old VCR.If I connect my cable through a Blu Ray player, will the picture be better?
No it would not.

It is still not a truly digital signal.



HDMI cable does not improve quality unless you have a digital signal
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment